3.10.2010

trap

i think that there should be no names,
'cause names make this far too real.
just let me remove my face
and float above the city streets.

i keep falling for the same old trap,
the lock rings like your buoyant laugh,
i jail myself willingly.

they say i've got a tiger's strength,
but it spills out of my worn sleeves
whenever i hear you breathe.

they say your actions speak louder,
but i always get the wrong idea,
though we're looking for the same old thing.

and i don't know where to lay my head,
there's too many stones in my bed,
and a story behind every one.

sometimes at night they whisper to me,
about the things that might have been,
i could try to tell you what it means...

but i'm always told that it's way too much,
or never ever good enough,
so i'll keep my lips pressed tight
so i won't have to say goodbye.

i want to fall into a routine
where being with you has meaning,
and i want you to want the same for me,
i want you to want the same for me,
i want you to want the same for me.

1 comment: